Welcome to Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company's electronic bank statement delivery service (hereafter referred to as "E-Statement"). Please read this agreement carefully and save a copy for your records.
In this Agreement, "we", "us", and "our" mean Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Co. The words "you" and "your" mean the person(s) accessing "E-Statements", which are an electronic form of periodic paper statements available through Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company's Online Banking Services.
You agree to the following provisions regarding E-Statement servers received from Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company:
By giving your consent, you agree to receive E-Statements in lieu of periodic paper statements for all accounts enrolled now and in the future in the Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company Online Banking Services. If you do not consent to receiving E-Statements you will not be able to proceed with your enrollment for the E-Statement service.
For multi-party accounts, consent or withdrawal of consent to receive electronic records by any authorized party to the account will be effective for all account holders.
With this consent you also agree to receive in electronic form any communication normally provided in the paper periodic statements, including contract change in terms, Privacy Notice and other notices that may be required by law.
How to Get Your E-Statements
E-Statements are available through your Online Banking service. It is your responsibility to review each statement provided through online banking.
If you need a paper copy of your statement, you can print it yourself or request that we mail you a paper copy. To request a paper copy, contact us by telephone at (570) 966-1041. We may charge you a reasonable service charge for the paper copies.
Upon providing consent as detailed above, viewable online statement account history will become available starting with the first statement produced following the date of consent. Viewable statements will accumulate for the following 23 months. During this time period you may print or save an electronic copy for your own records.
Following the initial 24 months, as each new monthly statement is added, the oldest will be dropped from the viewable list. If you require statements that are older than 24 months, these may be provided by the bank in either paper or electronic form for a reasonable fee.
Your Responsibility to Notify Us Regarding Errors, Irregularities or Unauthorized Access
You must promptly review your E-Statements and any accompanying items. Notify us immediately of any suspected error, unauthorized signature, lack of signature, alteration or other irregularity with your E-Statements, with your account, and including any unauthorized access. Telephoning us immediately is the best way to keep your losses down. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we send the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
(1) Tell us your name and account number (if any).
(2) Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
(3) Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 days.
Mifflinburg Bank Contact Information
Telephone Us: 570-966-1041 or 888-966-6282
Mifflinburg Bank & Trust
250 E Chestnut St
PO Box 186
Mifflinburg PA 17844
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent at any time by calling us at 570-966-1041 or 888-966-6282. If you terminate your E-Statement service, we will begin sending you paper periodic statements. We may charge you a reasonable service charge for the paper statement processing. Withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period to process your withdrawal.
Starting Up Electronic Statements Again After Your Withdrawal of Consent
If you want to receive E-Statements again after you have withdrawn your consent for E-Statements, you must complete the consent process again and reconfirm your ability to access E-Statements.
Hardware and Software Requirements
Below are the hardware and software requirements for access to and retention of the information being provided to you in electronic form. We will notify you whenever we change or revise these requirements.
• A personal computer or other device capable of accessing the Internet. Your access to this page verifies that your system/device meets these requirements.
• An Internet web browser which is capable of supporting 128-bit SSL encrypted communications, which requires a minimum web browser version such as Microsoft¨ Internet Explorer version 6.0, and your system device must have 128-bit SSL encryption software.
• You must have software which permits you to receive and access Portable Document Format or "PDF" files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader ¨
• To retain a copy of the electronic documents, your device must have the ability to download and store or print PDF files.