Your time is important to us! That's why we offer many convenient, time saving services. At Mifflinburg Bank & Trust we pledge to offer the best products and services in the financial industry. One stop banking for all your financial needs.
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- CD File Storage
- Direct Deposit
- Overdraft Privilege
- 24 hr. Automated Telephone Banking
- Account Research
- ATM/Debit Cards
- Automatic Transfers
- Bank by Mail
- Cashiers Checks
- Check Imaging
- Combined Statements
- Credit Card Rewards Program
- Customer Call Center
- Drive Up Center
- Coin/Currency Services
- MasterCard SecureCard
- Night Deposit Box
- Notary Services
- Overdraft Protection Plans
- Signature Guarantee Service
- Stop Payment Orders
- Wire Transfers
- Access to over 21,000 ATMS through MoneyPass®
Open a new account at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust and we will waive the rental fee of a new safe deposit box for one year*.
- Customers may rent lock boxes within the bank vault to hold important papers and valuables.
- Boxes are secure and fire-proof.
- A private room is available for the renter to open and examine contents of the box.
- Only the renter and other authorized person(s) have access to the box.
- A variety of sizes are available at the Mifflinburg, Selinsgrove, Millheim and Lewisburg (on Fairground Road) offices. Contact these branches for rental fee and size availability.
*Limited size and subject to availability.
Provides complete checking account history on an easy-to-use CD that you can view using your computer. Contains a full year of account statements, cancelled check images and complete history of all checks that you deposited. Easy to use, easy to store!
Direct Deposit to a savings or checking account allows fast and easy access to your funds. It eliminates inconvenient trips to the bank and ensures safety by preventing loss or theft through conventional mail. Call or visit any branch for details and enrollment instructions.
Now you can receive your bank statement electronically as part of your free online banking enrollment. This new secure feature enables you to view or print your statement on the first business day following the end of your statement cycle. Thus you no longer have to wait for the mail to arrive. We also conveniently store your previous statements online for up to 24 months*, making it easy for you to review historical account information. It's fast, safe and free! Simply log in to your existing online banking service and click on ‘Additional Services’, ‘E-statements’ to get started.
(*For details, please review the online statement disclosure below).
Overdraft Privilege helps protect you against having your items returned in the event of an inadvertent overdraft of your account by giving you a reserve for emergencies or unexpected situations. If you overdraw your account, we have the discretion to pay the overdraft, subject to the limit of your Overdraft Privilege. There is no fee for having this privilege on your account; you are only charged an overdraft fee if you overdraw your account.
Here is how overdraft privilege works for you. Suppose you do not have Overdraft Privilege and your account balance is $50. If you have a debit item for $100, Mifflinburg Bank will charge your account a fee (currently $35) for having an item with insufficient funds, and will then return the item if adequate funds aren’t available. In most cases, the establishment where you made the transaction will require you to pay for the item and will normally charge you a fee (approx. $30) for writing an NSF item. This means that you now have incurred two fees ($35 at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust and $30 at the merchant) for an item that wasn’t even paid!
However, if you had $300 of Overdraft Privilege, here is how the situation typically would have worked. When the item arrived at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust, we would pay the item and charge you the $35 fee for an overdraft transaction. The total charge to you would have been $35 compared to $35 plus $30 in merchant fees if you had not had Overdraft Privilege. Additionally, you avoid being added to any bad check lists on the check approval networks or with the merchant.
Points to Remember about Overdraft Privilege
- Every debit item on an overdrawn account will be charged an OD fee of $35
- You must promptly repay the amount of the overdraft and any overdraft fees
- Your Overdraft Privilege will not be included as part of your available balance at an ATM
- You must bring your account to a positive balance within 30 days or the Overdraft Privilege will be removed from your account.
Overdraft Privilege Terms and Conditions
- You must maintain your account in good standing, which includes at least:
- Continuing to make regular deposits to your account within each thirty (30) day period,
- Bringing your account balance to a positive balance within each (30) day period;
- You are not in default on any loan or other obligation to Mifflinburg Bank; and
- You are not subject to any legal or administrative order or levy against your account with us.
In addition to the Overdraft Privilege service detailed above which is a discretionary service for handling overdraft items, MBTC also offers Overdraft Protection plans. Overdraft Protection plans will prevent* your account from becoming overdrawn and covered overdraft transactions will not incur* a $35 per item fee (*subject to a sufficient balance or available credit line that is at least equal to the amount of the transaction-see below).
- Automatic Transfer from a MBTC Checking or Savings Account
- Automatic Transfer from a MBTC Line of Credit
Automatic Transfer from a MBTC Checking or Savings Account
If you have an MBTC savings account or second MBTC checking account, you can ‘link’ your accounts to prevent overdrafts and related charges from occurring. The balance of your linked account(s) becomes the amount available to cover an overdraft transaction. Please refer to the bank’s Schedule of Fees for the current fee.
Automatic Transfer from a MBTC Overdraft Line of Credit
An MBTC Overdraft Line of Credit is a loan product that is linked to a checking account to automatically provide overdraft protection. The limit amount available to cover overdrafts is based on the account holder’s credit worthiness. This is determined through a loan application process. Any amount advanced from the Line of Credit to cover an overdraft transaction becomes an outstanding loan subject to an interest and rate and terms for repayment. Please contact us for current interest rates.
OPT-IN and REG. E
Effective July 1, 2010, Regulation E prohibits banks from providing overdraft privilege on ATM and debit card withdrawals unless the account holder has provided the bank documented permission to extend this service through these withdrawal channels. Accounts opened after August 2, 2010 are given the option of overdraft privilege during the initial account setup process.
If your account was opened prior to August 2, 2010 and you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, OPT-IN by calling a MBTC Call Center Representative at 570-966-1041 or 888-966-6282; stop in at a local branch to verbally authorize us; or submit an online message (online banking customers only.)