- OUR VISION -


To Be Your Community's Trusted Financial Resource 


- OUR MISSION -


We provide innovative solutions tailored to meet every customer's financial needs with dedicated employees who share in our company's success   


- OUR VALUES -  


Recognize and Respect the needs of others

Working together as one team

Commitment to our Mission

Honesty, Integrity and Trust

Pride in ourselves and the organization 


Management Team group picture of our management team

Back L. to R.: Thomas Beck, CPA, V. President Internal Audit & Compliance;  Thomas Graver Jr., CPA, Sr. V. President & CFO; Jeffrey Kapsar, President & CEO; 

Front L to R.: Garry Benfer, Sr. V. President Loan Administration;  Andrea Long,Director of Human Resources;  Thomas Eberhart, Sr. V. President & COO 


The Business of Mifflinburg Bancorp, Inc.


Mifflinburg Bancorp, Inc. is a bank holding company organized under the Pennsylvania Business Corporation Laws on February 3, 1986. The assets are primarily those of its wholly-owned subsidiary, Mifflinburg Bank and Trust Company established in 1872 Mifflinburg Bank and Trust Company is a full-service commercial bank servicing customers from six locations. 

  • 250 East Chestnut Street, Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania 
  • 1110 North Fairground Road, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania 
  • 500 Market Street, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania 
  • Route 45 Millheim, Pennsylvania 
  • 2894 North Susquehanna Trail, Shamokin Dam, Pennsylvania 
  • 214 Vine Street, New Berlin, Pennsylvania 

Including the stated locations, we have thirteen ATMs in Union, Snyder, and Centre Counties. As a member of the Liberty ATM Alliance and Moneypass our customers have access to over 20,000 ATMs nationwide. 


OUR HISTORY

1872 - Present


The Mifflinburg Bank was founded at a time in the history of Mifflinburg when the town was heavily involved in the manufacturing of buggies. The booming business of the town and its location along one of the main arteries to the West provided to residents good economic times and ample cash and investment opportunities that became the source of deposits for the Mifflinburg Bank. 


During this early period the Mifflinburg Bank moved to several locations on Chestnut Street until in 1925 the bank moved to the location of 343 Chestnut Street. An article from a 1925 edition of the Mifflinburg Telegraph celebrating the occasion of the opening of the new bank building and the spirit of the times states that "Mifflinburg may well be proud of the great forward step this week in the opening of this modern bank building." 


An article from a 1947 edition of the Mifflinburg Telegraph states that, "In 1872 on Chestnut Street on the main thorofare leading to Bellefonte, State College and the west, the Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company began its history, in the minds of men greatly interested in the increased advantages and financial development of the citizens of Mifflinburg and surrounding communities. Further the article states that the Bankers Association known now as the Mifflinburg Bank opened its doors to receive deposits and carry on general commercial banking on June 15, 1872 and minutes show that notes discounted on the opening day amounted to $1,128.30. 


The Bank was granted Trust Powers and Trust Company was added in 1925 making the name Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company. In 1930 the Farmers Bank merged with the Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company and in 1941 the bank acquired the assets of the Laurelton State Bank 


In 1961 the bank completed a project that completely renovated the interior of the building and saw the addition of a new bookkeeping area, a modern drive-in window, and the first Post-Tronic bookkeeping machine in Union County. The year 1972 saw the opening of a branch office in the Shipton Shopping Plaza in Mifflinburg and bank assets reached more than $18 million. 


Recognizing the rapidly changing banking environment of the 1980s, and the need to offer a greater variety of products to current and prospective customers, the Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company joined five independent banks in the area to form LUN Data, Inc., a data processing corporation dedicated to offering quality processing services while holding a line on escalating costs. 


In 1991, under President Helen Strunk (the first female president of the Pennsylvania Bankers Association), assets were over $108 million and Mifflinburg Bank & Trust opened a branch in Lewisburg. After several years of discussion, planning and then building, in April 1996 the bank opened its new Retail Office and Lending Center at 250 East Chestnut Street in Mifflinburg. The office was specifically designed to take the bank into the 21st century and beyond to meet the ever-changing needs of the community that it serves. 


In 1997, the year in which Mifflinburg Bank & Trust celebrated its 125th anniversary, a new office at Burkholder's Market and Route 45 in Millheim was opened and the Richfield Office of Northern Central Bank was acquired. In 1998, Mifflinburg Bank & Trust Company closed out an era by limiting service at the 343 Chestnut Street Office to an ATM machine and a night bag drop. 


A new office was constructed in Millheim, Centre County in 2003. The bank also formed Milestone Insurance Services, LLC becoming licensed to sell title insurance. With a history of strong earnings the bank reported total assets of $285 million in 2005. Significant changes in 2006 included an agreement with Brasfield Technology, LLC to perform the electronic processing of checks and other financial data. The sale of the Richfield office marked the start of realigning the bank’s market area. Committed to superior customer service, Milestone Investment Services was created to partner with Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc. broadening the bank’s ability to offer customers additional choices of investment products and services. New office locations in Selinsgrove and New Berlin offer added convenience for existing customers and broaden our market area into Snyder County and beyond. 


In 2008 the purchase of John Wilcox Lanes has allowed the bank to expand operations and plan for future growth. The new facility will host the Financial Services Group including trust, broker and insurance services. A community room is available where local civic organizations may meet. Also purchased in 2008 was a bank building in Shamokin Dam. The Selinsgrove office was permanently closed on December 31, 2009. The new office in Shamokin Dam opened it's doors for business on January 4, 2010. 


Changes in banking will continue and Mifflinburg Bank & Trust will stay in the forefront offering to customers and the community the latest in facilities, financial products and services as well as supporting communities financially and with employee involvement now and in the future.