Your time is important to us! That's why we offer many convenient, time saving services. At Mifflinburg Bank & Trust we pledge to offer the best products and services in the financial industry. One stop banking for all your financial needs.
Safe Deposit Box
Open a new account at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust and we will waive the rental fee of a new safe deposit box for one year*.
- Customers may rent lock boxes within the bank vault to hold important papers and valuables.
- Boxes are secure and fire-proof.
- A private room is available for the renter to open and examine contents of the box.
- Only the renter and other authorized person has access to the box.
- Each time the lock box is accessed, bank personnel and renter must sign and date the renter card.
- A variety of sizes are available at the Mifflinburg, Millheim, Lewisburg, and Shamokin Dam offices. Contact these branches for rental fee and size availability.
*This offer for safe deposit boxes (limited size) at the Mifflinburg and Millheim branches only.
CD File Storage
Provides complete checking account history on an easy-to-use CD that you can view using your computer. Contains a full year of account statements, cancelled check images and complete history of all checks that you deposited. Easy to use, easy to store!
Direct Deposit to a savings or checking account allows fast and easy access to your funds. It eliminates inconvenient trips to the bank and insures safety by preventing loss or theft through conventional mail. Call or visit any branch for details and enrollment instructions.
Now you can receive your bank statement electronically as part of your free online banking enrollment. This new secure feature enables you to view or print your statement on the first business day following the end of your statement cycle. Thus you no longer have to wait for the mail to arrive. We also conveniently store your previous statements online, making it easy for you to review historical account information. It's fast, safe and free! Contact us to take advantage of this great service.
OPT-IN and REG. E
Effective July 1, 2010, Regulation E prohibits banks from providing overdraft privilege on ATM and debit card withdrawals unless the account holder has provided the bank documented permission to extend this service thru these withdrawal channels. Accounts opened after August 2, 2010 are given the option of overdraft privilege during the initial account setup process.
If your account was opened prior to August 2, 2010 and you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, OPT-IN by calling a MBTC Call Center Representative at 570-966-1041 or 888-966-6282; stop in at a local branch to verbally authorize us; or submit an online message (online banking customers only.)
Overdraft Privilege helps protect you against having your items returned in the event of an inadvertent overdraft of your account by giving you a reserve for emergencies or unexpected situations. If you overdraw your account, we have the discretion to pay the overdraft, subject to the limit of your Overdraft Privilege. There is no fee for having this privilege on your account; you are only charged an overdraft fee if you overdraw your account.
Here is how overdraft privilege works for you. Suppose you do not have Overdraft Privilege and your account balance is $50. If you have a debit item for $100, Mifflinburg Bank will charge your account a fee (currently $35) for having an item with insufficient funds, and will then return the item if adequate funds aren’t available. In most cases, the establishment where you made the transaction will require you to pay for the item and will normally charge you a fee (approx. $30) for writing an NSF item. This means that you now have incurred two fees ($35 at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust and $30 at the merchant) for an item that wasn’t even paid!
However, if you had $300 of Overdraft Privilege, here is how the situation typically would have worked. When the item arrived at Mifflinburg Bank & Trust, we would pay the item and charge you the $35 fee for an overdraft transaction. The total charge to you would have been $35 compared to $35 plus $30 in merchant fees if you had not had Overdraft Privilege. Additionally, you avoid being added to any bad check lists on the check approval networks or with the merchant.
Points to Remember about Overdraft Privilege
• Every debit item on an overdrawn account will be charged an OD fee of $35
• You must promptly repay the amount of the overdraft and any overdraft fees
• Your Overdraft Privilege will not be included as part of your available balance at an ATM
• You must bring your account to a positive balance within 30 days or the Overdraft Privilege will be removed from your account.
Overdraft Privilege Terms and Conditions
You must maintain your account in good standing, which includes at least:
• Continuing to make regular deposits to your account within each thirty (30) day period,
• Bringing your account balance to a positive balance within each (30) day period;
• You are not in default on any loan or other obligation to Mifflinburg Bank; and
• You are not subject to any legal or administrative order or levy against your account with us.